There’s something strange going on: Explorers over time have been going missing. The question is, what amazing things were they discovering when they vanished without a trace? In world news, the Chinese Communist Party is puffing its chest as it “prepares for the worst.” (Maybe the CCP needs to look in the mirror because we already know it’s the worst.)
Orcas start a coordinated attack on humans, UFOs fly further into mainstream awareness, and if that weren’t enough, our Top 10 Weirder News of the Week will really have you laughing. Join Rob Counts and special guest host Simon Esler for Friday Night Live.
Highlights from “Dig Deep” Q&A:
Do you believe the US and Canada will ever merge, or alternatively that individual states and provinces will break away?
Simon, what can we anticipate in the future as far as content and other projects?
What is your opinion on organic teleportation by just meditating or in sleep?
If you had a choice of traveling back in time 50 years in the past or going 50 years in the future, what would you pick?
Top 10 Weirder News of the Week:
10. Unusual objects of otherworldly origins may be trapped in Earth’s orbit, according to research.
9. An enormous, prehistoric object baffles the man who found it washed up on a beach.
8. New evidence of Bigfoot impresses believers.
7. What happens when an energy drink is confused with something … much less potable?
6. California residents are confused by the surprising things they see in homeless people’s street tents.
5. They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but what about one of the most unusual gems ever found—with unbelievable qualities possibly never seen before?
4. Is it paranormal activity, an energy vortex, or something else plaguing hikers to the “Bermuda Triangle of Yosemite”?
3. Ben is away for this Friday Night Live, so he left Rob and Simon a hilarious surprise Weirder News item: an A.I.-generated beer commercial that gets crazier the longer it goes on.
2. Kids are being caught plagiarizing their homework with ChatGPT, but you never expect it to happen to a New York lawyer.
1. The most amazing proof of reincarnation—and possibly the best Weirder News item we’ve ever found—is number one on the list.