How would you view the world, your daily life, and even what you eat if you not only knew plants were alive, but also had feelings? What if they could communicate and even read minds? Japanese scientists found that undamaged plants sent defense responses to nearby plants, fundamentally changing the perception of sentience in this world. They found that plants respond to airborne warning messages when another plant nearby is threatened, as well. This goes to show that there is so much more to life, our universe, and even our physical bodies that we still have yet to discover and understand. In fact, the foods we eat play a crucial element to our overall development and physical and mental wellbeing, which then affects the world around us.
Why are people being pushed to cut out meat, eggs, butter, and salt, but we don’t hear much about cutting out highly processed or sugary foods? Join Ben and Rob on this Friday Night Live as they explore these topics more deeply, as well as the miracles of water and how our thinking can shape both the way we feel and also the environment around us. Be sure not to miss the weekly Mandela Effect (or “Bendela Effect” as Rob calls them), the live Q&A, and of course the Top 10 Weirder News of the Week. This week’s list features Hulk Hogan becoming a real hero, a man getting stuck in the bathroom on a plane, a man dresses up as his girlfriend to take an exam, and a spooky ghost encounter.
Q&A: “Do GMO plants have the same level of consciousness as non-GMO plants?” “Is becoming a ‘breatharian’ the only alternative to being vegetarian or vegan?” “Do you believe that flora and lower animal life forms are connected to intelligent ‘group souls’?” “Where is the most unique, spiritual location you have been, somewhere that no one really talks about, but you have entered in and just felt that whole universal connection with divinity?” “There was someone who could only eat meat. Fruits and vegetables made them very sick. Do you think this is alien DNA?” “Do you think that some of the organic products have been coopted by some of the same corporations as GMO foods?” “What do you think about the hypothesis that there are aliens that are interested in humans because they have a soul and the aliens don’t?” And more!
10. One man faces an unfortunate test of claustrophobia, a fear of heights, and aversion to bad smells all at once.
9. An artist draws a crowd to his home after constructing something unexpected on the lawn.
8. “Casual in the workplace” gets a new name during this on-air interview.
7. United Kingdom (UK) police are swamped by reports of otherworldly experiences, including this unbelievable, direct encounter.
6. Debate: Is it true love, codependency, or foolishness if you dress up like your girlfriend—makeup and all—to impersonate her and pass her exam?
5. The mysterious alien corpses found in Peru and presented to the world in Mexico reportedly contain an unusual feature.
4. Chinese scientists linked to the Communist Party’s military create a dangerous bioweapon.
3. Tea shop workers are spooked by haunting happenings.
2. A cabin panel blew off the Alaska Airlines flight 1282. Now there’s controversy over the passengers assigned to the empty seats directly next to it.
1. Hulk Hogan plays a real-life hero when he encounters an accident.